Once all
my maps were created I had only one step left and that was to import
into UE4 luckly this Is a process im used to there was only one key
difference in this export and that was that I first needed to make a
material in maya with all my maps first and so to do this I tarted
with a blinn shade
r because this shader contains reflection which is
needed for my specular and gloss maps to function once this was done
I simply followed the steps that are always done when exporting to
UDK (see Unit 9 Blog for details) with just one change, when the box
comes up for the export I had to select embedded media to be on so
that the material I had created would export with the mesh into UE4
once this was complete I then opened up the default driving project
and Imported my mesh with the material into the map and then placed
it into the landscape.
Summary
With this
completed I had finished the Unit 69, looking back on what I produced
I think that I followed the process well and came up with a good
finished result, one target I had set myself at the beginning of this
unit was too work on my Uving and UV layouts and I think I met this
target well because without this one key section the whole asset
wouldn't of came out the way it did. The one thing I would change
when doing this again would be to create more details in the
modelling side and then maybe do a wider array of colours on my
colour id ma so that I can change the materials on even the most
intricate of details but overall im very happy with how this unit
turned out and im looking forward to doing more in the future with
new skills iv learnt.
No comments:
Post a Comment