To
start this process I started by selecting areas of my model and
using the projection tools to start getting some UV's the main one
used was cylindrical mapping projection due t the general shape of my
model being a water tower and after this would be planar projections
for the flat areas that the UV's must be viewed from the top or
bottom, I
then used the tools provided within Maya's texture editor to flip,
scale and place my UVs within my 0 to 1 texture space, making sure
the UV's were facing the right way and sized adequately in accordance
with the level of detail required.
I
think I have done a goo job on my UV's and seeing as it was one of my
goals to try and get better at UV'ing I think I have succeeded in
that goal, of course there is room for improvement but im happy to
have got it to this level given the time constraints.
No comments:
Post a Comment